[Download Now] Motivational Interviewing in Healthcare with Stephen Rollnick, Ph.D. – Stephen Rollnick
Stephen Rollnick, PhD, Co-founder of Motivational Interviewing, Author, International Speaker and Expert Trainer
Motivational interviewing will revolutionize your approach to patient behavior change. MI is an evidenced based approach that will take the lecturing and negotiating out of the conversation with your patients and provide you with effective strategies that will increase the behavior change your clients need.
Watch this recording and learn an easier approach that will take the frustration out of your conversations regarding medication compliance, diet adherence, post op recommendations, smoking cessation, physical activity, alcohol/drugs, diabetes control, medical adherence follow up and other patient behaviors where you need to improve patient outcomes and quality in an organization, increase success and reduce re-admission.
Stephen Rollnick, PhD, is the world’s foremost expert and co-founder of motivational interviewing (MI), a method for helping people to change their behavior. He has worked for 25+ years on MI for modifiable risk factors in healthcare, as a practitioner, trainer and author of books on this subject.
- Describe what typically happens in consultations about lifestyle change and medication use.
- Explain why and how motivational interviewing can fit into everyday practice.
- Develop several of the skills involved and the changes you can make in practice.
Why Motivational Interviewing (MI)?
- Why is this approach to behavior change useful in teaching “difficult” patients on lifestyle change?
- What usually happens in brief consultations about lifestyle change and medication use? The “Righting Reflex” and other challenges
- Helping patients to harness their own motivation for change
- The evidence base for MI
What does it look like in practice?
- Getting alongside patients as they make decisions: the “spirit of MI”
- Rapid engagement & a 20% rule
- A new framework for practice: engage, focus, evoke and plan
- Addressing obesity, smoking cessation, alcohol/drug abuse, exercise and uncontrolled diabetes
Getting yourself into gear
- Slowing your pace down
- Adjusting your attitude and style
- The skills involved
Tag: Motivational Interviewing in Healthcare with Stephen Rollnick, Ph.D. – Stephen Rollnick Review. Motivational Interviewing in Healthcare with Stephen Rollnick, Ph.D. – Stephen Rollnick download. Motivational Interviewing in Healthcare with Stephen Rollnick, Ph.D. – Stephen Rollnick discount.